FLAAPT April Newsletter
The Florida chapter of the American Association of Physics Teachers has a new email system. If you’d like to hear about monthly happenings around the State, fill out this short form and forward this to a colleague while you’re at it.
- Bay County’s Physics enrollment is booming and they’re offering a $5000 signing bonus to recruit Physics teachers. Contact Katie McCurdy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Volusia provides their Physics teachers subs and free rein over the agenda for quarterly meetings of their self-organized PLC Physics On The Psi. Ask Drew Hilburn (email@example.com) for details.
- If you aren’t reading FSU Physicist Paul Cottle’s blog A Bridge To Tomorrow, you’re missing out on legislative updates, analysis, and witty commentary.
- Let us know what your District is doing to support its Physics teachers and we’ll spread the word.
- May 1-3 in Orlando: FL Assoc. of Science Supervisors.
- July 29-31 in Portland, OR: Active Learning in Introductory Physics Courses – register by May 15.
- Aug 7-9 in Ft. Myers: National Astronomy Teaching Summit. Early-bird deadline May 15.
- Fall 2017 (TBA): FLAAPT Fall meeting at FL Polytechnic in Lakeland
Want us to include something in next month’s newsletter? Send an email to AAPTFlorida@gmail.com.