October 5, 2019, at Eckerd College (Google map & campus map)
The Department of Natural Sciences hosts the FL-AAPT 2019 Fall Meeting, held at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida.
We will meet in the Math, Physics, Computer Science building (MPC). Parking is next to the building. Registration will occur in the 2nd floor lobby.
Register for the conference here. There are two options for registration:
- Registration including annual dues and lunch $30
(lunch includes a selection of sandwiches, side salads, selection of chips, dessert)
- Registration, including annual dues only $20
(bring your own sack lunch, campus options are limited on weekends)
Pay online or at the conference.
Lead a workshop, share a classroom strategy, or talk about your research – we are offering a variety of presentation formats. University students, researchers, and K-12 and higher ed faculty, and others are encouraged to submit. Fill out this abstract submission form. Abstract submission will close September 23, 2019.
Meeting Schedule (subject to change based on abstracts received)
- Agenda will include sessions on:
- Demonstration share-a-thon
- APS STEP UP initiative to better serve girls and students of color in Physics
- Statewide roundup of physics-related issues, enrollment numbers, and professional opportunities for K12 and post-secondary
- Connecting K12 to college & career
Saturday October 5th
Contributed Session 1 (9:00 – 10:30)
Coffee Break (10:30 – 10:45)
Contributed Session 2 (10:45 – 12:00)
Business Meeting (12:30 – 1:15pm)
Demo Share-A-Thon (1:15-1:45)
- Bring your favorite physics demo to share!
Workshops (start at 2:00pm)
Questions or comments?
Send us an email at AAPTFlorida@gmail.com.